In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of Microcurrent Point Stimulation (MPS) Therapy, considered the “ultimate pain therapy” by over 40,000 therapists and physicians. You will learn how to significantly relief patient pain, PLUS save wear and tear on your hands and body PLUS reduce or eliminate your own pain from course labs! This FDA approved therapy is the perfect complement to massage therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy and other types of natural, holistic and drug-free approaches to pain relief.
MPS: Pain & Stress Management
MPS Therapy combines the principles of acupuncture and modern neurology and uses microcurrent stimulation to soothe and balance the nervous system and release endorphins. These actions substantially decrease patient pain levels and reduce muscle tone that can impinge nerves and produce muscle imbalances and joint articulations. This multi-pronged approach to the body’s nervous and musculoskeletal system is the reason why MPS Therapy works so well on pain. No prior knowledge of acupuncture or trigger point therapy is required to learn and apply MPS Therapy.
MPS is the perfect adjunctive modality for any therapy setting. Apply prior to massage, manual mobilization, injections, dry needling or any exercise program for significantly accelerated patient healing & functional outcomes.
Learn techniques that are published scientifically! MPS therapy protocols taught in this weekend seminar have been proven to reduce pain in leading peer-reviewed journal.
JACIM reported 75% reduction in low back pain [98% CI, N=68)
JACM reported an 80% reduction in neck pain [>95% CI, N=34)
In clinical research, MPS produced more powerful pain relief than massage, TENS and Acupuncture, and when combined with these therapies, produced incredible outcomes. Today MPS is successfully helping many clinicians control their patients pain & stress levels, improve patient outcomes and expand their practice through increased referrals.
Better yet, clinicians are relieving their own pain using MPS Therapy, and reducing further career-damaging injury. Course attendees report 80% improvement in their own pain during demonstrations and course labs alone! MPS Therapy is CPT billable.
MPS is effective for treating the following conditions:
- Back/neck pain
- Hip, knee, foot pain
- Sports injuries
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Carpal tunnel
- And much more
Ultimate Pain therapy Course Objectives:
- Understand the basic laws of pain management and the autonomic nervous system (ANS) balance, and the relationship between the ANS and acupuncture principles
- Understand the 6 basic principles of electrical therapy, how they relate to the ANS
- Understand the 5 basic pillars of MPS pain Therapy
- Basics of Scar Release Therapy
- Understand basic neuro-assessment of the spine, identifying physical signs of chronic radiculopathy pain in the neck and lower back, learning how these relate to various nervous systems
- Understand how to perform the 6 steps of standard protocol
- Understand and identify KEY parasympathetic, jing, and distal pain points for pain and stress reduction
- Understand how to develop and apply MPS protocols for back, neck and shoulder pain into your clinical setting
“The class was fabulous. MPS Therapy is tops on my list of best therapies.” −Danny Dore (LMT)
“I have been using MPS 6 months now. It has greatly increased my patient outcomes and income from referrals…my clients LOVE the results.” −Robyn Green (LMT)
“Very effective treatment approach. It’s magical! Waiting to use it on all my patients.”” −Mohsin Ansari (PT)
“I’ve had my eyes opened. This is wonderful.” −Sue Garret (OT)
“Very important course for therapists wanting that next tier for managing pain.” −Glenna Burkhart (PT)
16 Contact Hours. Click here to see our Board approvals.
Please dress comfortably and bring a massage table if convenient to do so.